Guide to Online Dating for Disabled Singles
Posted by ROLAND REZNIK on January 31, 2017. 0 Comments
Dating is challenging in general but online dating is more complex. As an online single, you never know who you are communicating with or their true intentions towards you. It’s similar to dating with a barrier in the way. You never know who is hiding behind the mask.
The following information will help guide you through online dating for disabled singles.
Admit Your Truth
This step is essential to the online dating process. You need to find your truth. Do you want to date many different people? Are you looking for a long term relationship? Be honest with yourself so you have a clear view of what you are looking for on the dating sites.
Take a Profile Picture
Profiles with pictures are viewed more often than those without. Take a picture of yourself or use one that you already have. Make sure you look your best in the photo. You will need to pay special attention to the background of the picture. If you are looking for short term dates and meeting new people, include a background that shows you having fun at your favorite restaurant or club. The photo should reflect your desire to have fun.
If you are searching for a date that could lead to a serious relationship, include a background that includes a cozy home environment, park, or activity like cooking. This type of background will show that you are more of a serious person that is looking for a meaningful relationship.
Create a Profile
Choose an online dating site and create a profile. Most dating sites offer free profiles. Take advantage of their generosity and get yourself out there. Provide interesting information about yourself, your hobbies, interests and more. Mention that you are looking for “fun dates,” “nothing serious,” or a “serious relationship.” This will help filter out those that are looking for something else and at the same time attract those who are looking for the same type of relationship.
Protect Your Privacy
Research has revealed that some people use online dating sites to “catfish” others. These are people that create fake profiles and pretend to be someone they aren’t. Sometimes people develop an emotional online relationship with others with the intention to scam them or never meet in person. It is difficult to recognize this type of behavior in the beginning. This is a good reason why it’s important for you to protect your privacy. Always use a nickname on your profile, never give your address, social security number or other personal details to anyone you meet online.
Online Dating Sites for those with Disabilities
Here is a list of best dating sites for disabled singles.
- Match.com – Surely you have seen the commercials for Match on television. They have 13.5 million monthly users and the largest database of singles with disabilities. If you are looking for a wide selection of potential people to date, Match.com will deliver.
- Zoosk.com – This online dating site is becoming increasingly popular with singles that are looking for casual dates in the age range of 18 to 28. It has more than 3.8 million users and excellent filter and search capabilities.
- Myspecialmatch.com – This dating site was created to be a safe and private space for people with disabilities to meet. You can find other people with similar interests to form friendships or romances.
- Specialbridge.com – This private dating site is for disabled people to date and network. You can find other members of the site with similar levels of mobility, emotions and mental differences. Special bridge encourages its members to bridge the gap for friendship, support, and love.
- Whispers4u.com – This dating site for disabled people adds the option of video tutorials to help you set up your profile. It is a dating site that was established in 2002 that helps singles with disabilities find companionship, dates, and relationships.
- Meetdisabledsingles.com – This site helps singles with disabilities navigate their way through profiles to find a potential partner. You have the option to search by religion, sexuality, region and type of disability. The site also offers exciting live video chat rooms to communicate with a special someone.
- Disabilitydating.com – This site creates a safe environment that encourages you to find true love connections. The website proudly provides a positive environment that allows members to search for potential partners with similar disabilities.
- Dating4disabled.com – This site allows members to connect through forums, companion blogs, and chats. As a member, you will feel empowered and safe to connect with others in the disabled community for friendship, companionship, dates, and relationships.
- Disabledpassions.com – This social network community is geared towards the disabled single looking to connect with others. The site offers secure emails, message boards, chatting, videos, fun stuff and more.
- Nolongerlonely.com – This dating site specializes in helping those with mental disabilities find meaningful romance. It gives you the opportunity to meet and date others with similar issues and understanding.
- Christiandisableddating.com – Private email, brief flirts, and instant messaging allow you to connect to Christians with disabilities. The site has a motto “God can see everything and He will give us what we deserve.” The site also provides tools for creating a great profile.
- Enablelove.com – This site is protective of its member's privacy and requires pre-registry. It was founded in 2006 and focuses on bringing people with disabilities together to find love, romance, and friendship.
Most dating sites offer free profiles and limited access to dating tools such as chats, flirts, private emails and forums. Some sites require low monthly payments for full access to the site. Find the site that best suits your needs and provides the most access to others with disabilities. Always beware of people who are “catfishing” others by keeping your name, address and other personal details private. Get started on your journey to finding your next date or true love by signing up for one of the online dating sites listed above.