1. Once you receive your your KD Smart Chair, it comes packages with with a set of two batteries, a charger, joystick, easy instructions and a product manual.
2. We designed our innovative wheelchair for people who have problems getting around and who are experiencing mobility issues. We do recommend KD Smart Chair for people with spinal cord injuries.
3. KD Smart Chair weighs only 50 lbs (23 kilograms).
5. Our chair comes with two Lithium-Ion batteries. Each weigh 3.7 lbs (1.68 kilograms).
7. Yes, a power charger comes with your KD Smart Chair.
8. Please make sure that the KD Smart Chair is turned OFF when charging. The chair may be damaged while it is turned ON and may cause issues to electronic components and void the warranty. Please contact us if you need help charging your chair.
9. Yes, you may bring your KD Smart Chair on commercial and private airplanes when traveling.
10. Yes, you can use the power charger overseas to charge your KD Smart Chair. However, you must use either an adapter to change the voltage, or a converter to change the socket plug to fit properly!
11. KD Smart Chair can hold passengers of maximum load of 265 pounds (120 kilograms).
12. The dimensions of KD Smart Chair are 38.2 inches (height) x 23.2 inches (width) x 33.1 inches (length), or 97 centimeters x 59 centimeters x 84 centimeters, when it is unfolded. When folded, the dimensions are 13 inches (height) x 23.2 inches (width) x 29.5 inches (length), or 33 centimeters x 59 centimeters x 75 centimeters.
13. The seat is 16.75 inches from front to back and 15.25 inches wide and 1.25 inches tall.
14. The seat is 19 inches from the floor to the top of the seat.
15. The arm rests are 27 inches from the ground.
16. Yes, both left and right arm rests can be lifted up.
17. Yes, the foot rest can be lifted up and taken out for your comfortability.
18. It has a turn radius of 31.5 inches (80 centimeters).
19. KD Smart Chair is very easy to use. Please take a look at our videos section of the site to learn more.
20. KD Smart Chair can travel at speeds as fast as 5 miles per hour (8 kilometers per hour).
21. KD Smart Chair can travel as far as 15 miles (24.1 kilometers) on a fully charged battery.
22. It takes approximately 2 to 4 hours to fully charge the battery.
25. You can Click here to Download or View the Smart Chair brochure.
27. We offer a variety of shipping options. For the United States, we offer FedEx Ground (Free), FedEx 2-Day Air ($299.95) and FedEx Overnight ($399.95). We require an additional 1 day turn around time to get your order shipped, so if you are planning on an expedited shipping method, factor in an additional day for order processing. If you choose the Free FedEx Ground shipping option, your Smart Chair will take approximately 4-5 business days to arrive. Unfortunately, there are no expedited shipping methods for International orders.
28. Your Smart Chair comes with a set of brand new batteries. Additional battery packs can be added to your order on our Parts page.
30. KD Smart Chair comes with a full 60 day return policy. Please take a look at our Return Policy.
31. KD Smart Chair comes with a 5 year warranty on the frame. 1 year warranty on the battery and other electronic components.
32. To file a claim for your warranty, please contact us.
33. We recommend you perform annual maintenance on your KD Smart Chair to ensure that it functions properly and lasts a lifetime. You may need to replace some parts due to tear and wear - just like with a car.
35. As of this time, KD Smart Chair is not yet a Medicare approved supplier. However, we are working with Medicare to get our wheelchair approved.
36. Depending on your insurance coverage, you may be eligible for reimbursement by your private insurer for your KD Smart Chair. Please contact your insurance provider to learn more about the eligible coverage.
37. Yes. KD Smart Chair has been cleared by the FDA to sell our electric wheelchair. We are in compliance with all FDA regulations to continue selling our product in the US.