Top 5 Reasons Why Wheelchairs Make a Great Gift this Holiday Season
Posted by ROLAND REZNIK on December 18, 2014. 0 Comments
The holiday season is filled with excitement and the joy of gift giving. Those of you who have a family member or friend that is in need of a wheelchair might be thinking that this is the best gift of all, and you are right! Wheelchairs provide the user with a variety of benefits and here are the top five reasons why wheelchairs make a great gift this holiday season.
- Mobility – Your loved one who needs either their first wheelchair or a new one most-likely has been experiencing limitations in their daily life. Gifting a wheelchair will allow them to gain back their mobility. This means they will be able to go shopping, visit malls, parks, movie theatres, friends and much more.
- Restored Self-Esteem – Due to gaining their mobility and independence back, your loved one will feel an increase in their self-esteem. This positive feeling will exude and touch everything they do throughout the day. It will truly providing them with a new found inner strength and desire to indulge in more activities.
- Opportunity to Travel – Providing your loved one with a wheelchair is like handing them the world to explore. Whether they choose to travel near or far, they have the choice. Airlines, cruise ships and train companies worldwide have accommodations that are wheelchair accessible.
- Necessity – You will be encouraging your loved one to accept that a wheelchair will give them a new outlook on life. Your loved one may not want to admit that they need a wheelchair whether it is on a temporary or permanent basis. Their doctor might have recommended it and they may have ill feelings about the fact that is a necessity for them to live a fulfilled life. Receiving a wheelchair as a gift allows the user to become familiar with the idea at a slow pace until they are ready to accept that it is part of their life. You can also encourage them to make it their own by using colorful decorations.
- Price – Your loved one who needs a wheelchair may not be able to afford it on their own. Some of the wheelchair companies offer payment plans and other financing options that the gift giver can take advantage of and the user will not have any financial responsibility. In addition, some wheelchair companies have sales during the holiday season, making purchasing a wheelchair as a gift more affordable.
One specific wheelchair that is a great holiday gift is the KD Smart Chair. This light weight wheelchair folds up in seconds, travels easy, fits into tight spaces, has the ability to climb a 12 degree incline and is great for the indoors and outdoors. It will surely provide your loved one with all of the benefits listed above and much more. Now that you realize what a great gift a wheelchair is, you may be wondering where to purchase one. Purchase an extraordinary wheelchair for your loved one this holiday season and it will surely brighten their day and open their world to new adventures.